As Malachi's first birthday quickly approaches it has caused me to reflect. It burdens me to think he has graced this earth for three years and never experienced a birthday celebration in his honor. He is most excited about his very own cake and everyone singing happy birthday to him. Though it will be small, only family, it is my goal to make him feel like the most special and loved child on that day!! Celebrating his life for the first time as our son. It will also be such a celebration of what he means to our families and a reminder of our God ordained journey and it's completion. I dreamed about celebrating his birthday for two years and this year it is finally here. The anticipation of waking him up on the morning of his birthday and holding him so tight. Warning! I still do get teary on all celebrations having to do with him... Mothers day, Fathers day, and now his birthday. Knowing our journey to bring him home on a deep and personal level (living it), and all the prayers that were answered and miracles that were seen on behalf of our little boy make these days that much more special to us. Through God's goodness and faithfulness on Malachi's third birthday September 20, 2012 he will wake up to a mommy and daddy that will lavish him with love and adoration all day long!!
My favorite quote straight from Malachi's mouth today... "I'm your son" as he smiles ear to ear, snuggling into my neck, and squeezes me tight... Yes my boy, you will forever be my son and I your mommy! The small things in life we so often take for granted...
I'm left remembering a quote I wrote when creating my photography website that goes like this... "I hope you find my work inspiring. I hope it stirs something within you. Each time you view an image be reminded that your life is special, intended to impact, and full of purpose. Within you there is beauty. Within you there is unimaginable potential. Within you is the power to change the world. Love so profoundly that images won't begin to tell your story."
My dear boy you have already filled our lives with so much love, laughter and thanksgiving and I know pictures will never be able to capture your zeal for life and love for people. My prayer is that one day when you are old and gray you will look back over your life and the pictures that encapture it will only be a reflection of all the amazing things God did through your life but will not be able to capture the depth or impact.
Embracing motherhood one day at a time- Julie
"Adopted for life". In the United States of America Jimmy Kukiriza is officially Malachi James Simpson and our son for life!! HALLELUJAH!! Those three words could not be more special to our family on this day. Thank you God for your love, guidance and provision on our journey to become a family of three.





No comments:
Post a Comment